Tuesday, May 8, 2012

All these years at this place ..

You take it once, you take it twice, you take it thrice and in the end you realize that you’ve actually taken it 24ice (if that even makes sense actually) times.  And, this 24 is a number very-very potent. (Not like the one they say 42 is!) Every time this count increased starting from one, two and so on and so forth, you moved one step forward. Forward in terms of loads of things: months, semesters, years, song-collection, mobiles, e-gadgets, life, learning, maturity, development, et al.. Not only this randomly random forward-list, but number 24 also changed many naïve, inexperienced school-brained kids to mature, experienced, fine-tuned grads ready to lead and face the challenges of the world. This transformation journey accompanied by 24 has been extraordinary and inexplicable. 

I wrote a blog post some months/years back whining and ranting at this college/place pointing out certain flaws in the system/academics/placements, etc. etc.  Now when I sit back and read it all again, I am nothing less than shocked. All I think is: “What was that? Why was that?” For every statement of that post I now have something handy to oppose its validity and robustness. I have matter and experience to contradict every line of that post. I can belie the writer of that post left, right and center. This place has been, shall be and will be a wonderful place for learning and fine-tuning naïve, unripe individuals like the one writing this post.  

In an environment where every individual is exemplary in one field or the other, one gets an impetus to learn. Every frickin’ individual here can make you learn one thing or the other. If your own IQ is let say x, such an environment can shoot your IQ manifolds. Apologies for this lame connection. Such has been the beauty of this place. 

With only a fortnight left for this journey to end, there is emosan, sentiyaapa and nothing else. All these people, all these Professors, all these tutorials, all these practicals, all these submissions, all these presentations, all these night outs, all these football discussions, all these what-not what(?). Every single thing of all this shall be missed.  Department of Chemical Engineering shall/will be remembered for many many things. They say “I am what I am.” The statement is undoubtedly as lame as it sounds. I’ll just say, “I am today what this place has made me through all these years.”   

There is still one paper left followed by final year project viva-cum-presentation. However, clearing all this is within radar now.  All said and done, if all goes well my next stop would be in the place to ‘B’e. (For any of the uninterested lot, all three of the Interviews I attended I managed to convert all three of them. If only this fact actually mattered. Dang!)

P.S: Just in case, if number 24 is still beyond comprehension to one and all. Here’s about it: Every semester accounts for 2 Mid-Term examinations and 1 End-Term exam. Thus, for 8 semesters the number comes out to be 24. ‘24’ refers to 24 exams taken in total to be able to write this post. 

P.P.S: There are many more things I could have written. I could have written this post endlessly. However, there is something called 'Brain-Jam' and 'Sleep-Deprivation'. Both of which are prohibiting me from carrying this post any further. Next post. If only.

No comments: